Followers

Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Honeychild, I Really Oughta Scold Ya! Ya Have Your Mammy Old And Gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                    I just love that line from the 1936 Shirley Temple movie, "Poor Little Rich Girl," when she sings that part of the song in "Oh, My Goodness," and holds her Mammy doll!  Everyone should have a Mammy doll to hold, darlings, which is why I say bring her back now!  The South should rise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    I have a Mammy figurine, and you had better believe it rests in my kitchen!  But I remember, even to my childhood, when you would still see cuddly Mammy dolls.  It is time to bring them back.

                     But, while we are waiting, here is Shirley to do the song for you. Watch how the dolls themselves dance!  Watch how she adopts the ethnicity of each doll, circa 1936!  The Mammy sequence is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                       Bring Mammy back, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: