Followers

Saturday, October 25, 2014

39 Years Ago Today........To This Very Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           I know it is not forty years, darlings, but it is the very day...Saturday, October 25.  On this day, I was getting ready to see the sensation of the hour, Michael Bennett's then new musical, "A Chorus Line."  What I did not know was the outcome of that experience would impact and resonate throughout the rest of my life.

                              This would be a day to go back in time to.  Seeing the Original Cast, with the awareness and knowledge I have now.  I can't think of any theater experience I have had which topped it, though my initial viewing of "Sweeney Todd" came close.

                                 To share that momentous day with you all, here is an idea of what it must have been like. This is the Original Cast performing the celebrated opening number on the night it swept the TONY Awards.  To see this, initially, without knowing what to expect, was, literally mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   It changed my life, darlings!  And here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: