Followers

Friday, October 24, 2014

Darlings, What Is It With That Tossed Salads, And Scrambled Eggs???????????????????????



                                   Yes, dears, I have eaten them.

                                     However, I was never an admirer of "Frasier."  In particular, I did not admire its star, Kelsey Grammer.  I never thought, as an actor, he was worthy of carrying a series.  In one way, I was wrong, because look how ling the show and he lasted, becoming now a part of TV comedy history.  On the other hand, though, the producers wisely surrounded him with actors--John Mahoney, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce, Peri Gilpin, Dan Butler, and Edward Hibbert--who could act the bejesus off Grammer.  They were better than him, and they made the show.  Frasier, though the title character, was to this show, what Bobby was to the musical "Company"--the lead character, though everyone around him was more interesting.

                                      What I loved most about Frasier was its closing song, "Tossed Salads And Scrambled Eggs."  I used to tune in to the end, just to hear the song.  I was always curious as to who actually sang this, because it was so talented.  When I actually found out, and came to accept, that it was Kelsey Grammer himself, I thought, why doesn't he do more offbeat stuff like this, instead of playing a stuffed shirt like Frasier?  Playing that stuffed shirt paid dividends for years, but what are you doing now, Kelsey???????
You are slowly fading  into obscurity, especially after that disastrous one-night "Macbeth" on Broadway.  Why don't you listen to that closing song, and think about how it can jump start your career again!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Every so often, that song races through my head, which is why I am writing this post!  They're calling again, darlings!

                                         So, listen to how talented Kelsey is, and what he could do with that talent!

                                          Quite stylish, girls!!!!!!!!!  Just like yours truly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

HarlowFan said...

There's a rumor he's taking over a role in Finding Neverland when it moves to Broadway. However I have friends who saw the show in Cambridge and said it was beyond awful.

The Raving Queen said...

That is what I am afraid of, because the movie is actually one of my favorites. I had hopes it might be translated well, but your note confirms my fears.