Followers

Saturday, October 11, 2014

This Song Should Be Stephen Collins' Theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            That scumbag Stephen Collins, now in his late sixties, is old enough to remember this hit from Gary Puckett And The Union Gap, back in the late Sixties.  I bet it resonated then, and it sure is resonating now.

                              What an innocent time that was.  I was only in the seventh grade, and the implications of this song were completely lost on me.  Writing about Collins for this past week's Bitch Of The Week, I immediately began thinking of this song and..........oh. my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Though I will say this. The singer/narrator seems to recognize what is inappropriate, and seems engaged in a fight to control such impulses.  Collins had no such scruples.

                                   And now, Stephen, it hurts to know the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: