Followers

Saturday, October 4, 2014

"Fangs A Million," For A Day At Elizabeth Arden, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        I wish!

                                        Yes, darlings, I survived the dentist--sort of!  I have to go back next Friday, so the dentist can discuss my X-rays and look at me, which, while he was out of town, is, I think another way of getting me in there for more money!   I like to do as  much as possible on one visit!  That is anxiety inducing enough!

                                        As I promised, yesterday, I would have a special posting.  So, here is one of the many "Brides Of Dracula," from the Hammer 1960 film of that same title!  The one where handsome David Peel plays this gorgeous looking blond male vampire, and Martita Hunt (yes, who played Miss Havisham, whom we all love, in David Lean's definitive 1947 film of "Great Expectations!!!!!!!!!!!") as his mother, who keeps him in chains, because she knows he is deranged!

                                        When I emerged into the street from my cleaning, I felt as good as the bride, above.  If only I could have that hair and gown to match; but that would take Elizabeth Arden, darlings!!!!!!!!!

                                           Actually, this photo gets around!  I don't know who the actress was who did this role, but she should get some royalty pay, because every time, during my childhood and adolescence, whenever this film was referenced in horror mags of the day, this image would always appear.  At one point, Milton Bradley, to cash in on TV's monster craze ("The Addams Family, and "The Munsters") during the mid-Sixties, created a card game called "Monster Old Maid."  The cards were huge, and featured classic photos of the Universal monsters, instead of a traditional card deck!  The manufacturers, I guess, did not understand the screen acumen of some of their paying public.  This photo was used as the Old Maid card, and was billed as "Dracula's Daughter!!!!!!!!!!!"  Which I knew was wrong; it was one of the brides, besides which, "Dracula's Daughter" was a 1936 sequel to the 1931 Universal Bela Lugosi classic, starring Gloria Holden!!!!!!!!!!!!  See how much you learn on here, dolls?????????????????

                                         My teeth were so clean, I felt like I had just been transformed!  I hope nothing happens next Friday, and that, after that, I am finished for the next six months!  But at least I survived another visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Now, if only I could have that flowing hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: