Followers

Thursday, October 16, 2014

You'll Never Believe Where I Was, Last Sunday, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Not even I was ready for this!  A good friend of my beloved's, Aviv, has a nephew, a good looking Israeli, who was selling outfits at the New York Bridal Conference down at Pier 94.  Yes, girls, he is in fashion, but he is straight.  I know, it is amazing, because I am telling you, if you wanted a cruising spot, this was it, where there were more queens present than waiting to board the ferry to Fire Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Now, there were some very interesting and beautiful, and not so, designs.  This was not High End, lambs.  I mean, I was hoping Vera Wang would be there, so we could talk about MY gown,   But that level of designer did not figure into here.  Nor would one expect to see Anna and Grace, milling about.  At which point, I confess, I lost a bit of interest.

                                  But the question must be asked.  Is it possible to get drunk on imagery; what we would, in other words, call sensory overload?  Film is a medium of images, but the images move so fast past our eyes, that, when something clicks, it locks into our memories, necessitating us to see the film again...and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     At an event like this, you are just taking in too much.  By the time we left, I did not feel I was at a Bridal Conference; I felt I was on the set of Fellini's "Juliet Of The Spirits."

                                     Consider, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Remember, Numero Cinqua Cinqua!  Cinqua Cinqua!

No comments: