Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Oh, My God, Girls!!!!!!!!!! Fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!! What Is There Left To Wear??????????????????


                                 I was so stricken by the radio announcement of the death of designer Oscar De La Renta that I ran to my closet, and threw open the door, to see if I had any of his creations in my closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Alas, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 How could I have been so shortsighted?????????  First, I did not know Oscar was anywhere near 82; I thought him in his Seventies, with some time left to create, and me to buy.

                                   Understand, when I go clothes shopping, it is a major undertaking. Something has to grab me--colors, patterns, fabrics--and then, I have to look at the all-important designer label. If, in my head, I hear the designer's voice, saying "Look what I have created for you!," then I know to buy it.  Yes, darlings, the designers actually speak to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     But Oscar never did.  A pity.  What I could have done for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I am sure Anna and Grace are devastated!   As well as the fashion world, and my girls everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    Just look at these creations, darlings!!!!!!!!!  Aren't they stunning??????? Oscar designed them all!!!!!!!!!!!  I like the pink one, second from the left, and the red patterned pants suit, on the end, myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Rest In Peace, Oscar!  Heaven has never looked so good, till now!!!!!!!!

                                      Remember, Edith Head may have given good costume, but Oscar DESIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: