Followers

Monday, May 22, 2017

I Should Be So Lucky, At That Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             I hate going to the dentist, because there are two sources of discomfort.  First, whatever painful, invasive procedure is done--and then the bill.  In some cases, the second is worse, and this post is by way of explaining why I have been on here so sporadically.  Things happen!

                             Last Wednesday, while eating dinner, I felt something snap on the side of my mouth.  No pain, no blood, just something that did not feel right.  I had never experienced this before, and, when I tongue probed, I discovered a hole in the bottom part of my right end tooth--one that had been root canaled years before.

                               So, I called my dentist--whom I am comfortable with--and made the necessary appointment.  The night before, I felt nothing there at all.  Gone!

                                What happened--so watch out, girls!-- is that my right crown had, at first, cracked, and then vanished.  I must have swallowed the whole thing, which, as I told the dentist, was washed up somewhere in the city sewage system.  Sorry for such grossness, girls!  Time for tea, later!

                                  So, I had no pieces to show.  Which meant a new impression of crown had to  be made, and I have to return for a fitting.

                                    Thank God it was nothing so serious.  And no real dental surgery involved.
But you know how much I am paying for all this?  Twenty two hundred dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      You heard me?  Is that not outrageous?

                                       The good news is I can afford it--this time.  The bad news is if a problem crops up again, I don't know what I will do.

                                         Some, including David, say I should find another dentist.  I hesitate to equivocate, because I have to take anti-biotics for dental work, having had open heart surgery, at 11, in 1966.  Not all dentists believe in this, and before anyone touches me I MUST premedicate.

                                          Any names or suggestions, darlings???????????????

                                         Even Fantine was not charged this much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: