Followers

Monday, May 8, 2017

Thrilling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           I am on some kind of reading jag, darlings!  Maybe, in the face of losing a childhood friend, I feel the need to do as much as I can before departing this world!  Not that I plan to--oh, no!  Too many people to love who love me back, and much to do.

                                            But....on to "Quick Sand."  This is a legal thriller, written in the first person of the defendant on trial.  Marie, a high school girl, survives a Columbine-like massacre in her Swedish high school--but is she responsible???????????????

                                               Who did the shooting?  Why?  And, most importantly, for me, what about Amanda, her best friend?  All these questions and tackled in the novel.  Most are answered, but the mystery surrounding Amanda remains, for me, still ambivalent.

                                                 I had heard Sweden was leading in the crime novel genre, now I believe it.  Fast paced, beautifully  written, it outdoes most American writers in this genre, any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  And it provides another demonstration that high school is not a fun time for anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               

No comments: