Followers

Friday, November 17, 2023

Happy Birthday Today To Neva Small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Yes, darlings, and Theater Queens everywhere, Neva Small, who started on Broadway as a child, and became a Musical Theater Legend with her yearning, heartrending rendition of "I Wonder How It Is" in "Henry, Sweet Henry!" turns 71 today.



                                      Can you believe it?  I still think of her as Chava in 1971's film version of "Fiddler On The Roof."



                                       Neva can still sing with heartrending abandon; I wish she would do it more often.



                                        But this is your day, so have it your way, Neva!



                                       "Holy smoke, holy cow!"  Happy Birthday To Neva Small.


                                     This is the song that made Neva a Musical Theater Legend.  She was only 14!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I guess I still think of her as Chava too!!!
Even now, some Jewish folks really frown upon marrying outside of the Faith.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
In this day and age--imagine!
I have seen Neva perform, and I have her solo album.
She is extremely talented, and she Leonrd Bernstein\s
goddaughter.