Followers

Friday, November 10, 2023

Oh, My God, Girls! Look What ANNA Has In Store For Us At May 2024's MET Gala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                      No wonder ANNA is beaming, darlings.  The theme for this Spring's Met Gala has been chosen.  It is called "Sleeping Beauties: Reawakenings In Fashion, and, darlings, I cannot wait to see it.  Actually, I would like to somehow worm my way into either "VOGUE" or The Met Costume Institute and work as a volunteer.  You hear that?  Volunteer.  Unpaid.  Free.  For these two organizations I am willing to do this, so ANNA or Andrew Bolton, if you are reading this, take note.



                         And now take note of some of the lovely features coming up--


                                                                        
                               Look at these stunning creations from 1958, by Nina Ricci?  Any relation to Christina Ricci?  Anyway, I have my eyes set on the middle dress, which is just ablaze with color.  Though I would not pass over the other two, either darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                           

                                    And just look at this creation.  I wish I knew the designer, so if anyone out there can tell me, please do.  Again, note the color and the textural outlines.   I would be proud to wear this if I still had my youthful figure.  Though maybe it could be custom made for me, girls!!!!!!!!!  As ANNA says, fashion is for all, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                                                

                        And just look at these!  Simply gorgeous.  Again, if anyone knows who the designer is please do not hesitate to tell me.


                      As if that were not enough, the event will also feature archival items from Christian Dior, and one of my favorites, the divine Elsa Schiaparelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                      Spring will be here before we know it.  Hey, ANNA and Andrew Bolton, I want to work with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                            

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I Love these!!! I want them All!!!
a friend made the comment, that I “always dress in comfortable clothes”
ouch. Women can be So catty.
we are all grandmas, but we still have Style and Class.
or so I THOUGHT

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
People who make such remarks are either jealous of you, or insecure about themselves. Maybe both. But these selections are gorgeous. ANNA knows her stuff, and if only she would recognize that I do, too. I will keep trying.

Victoria said...

thanks, you are so right.
I spent too many years letting people make me feel bad about myself!!