Followers

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Happy Veterans Day, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          Before this day was even Veterans Day, it had and still has personal significance to me.  I will get to that later, but first let us honor the vets the day was intended for.



                          To those still living and serving, to those not, like my father and uncles, thank you for doing what you did.  And those who continue to do.  This should be a day of peace and reflection to honor those protecting us, especially in regard to what is happening today.



                            So, a Happy Veterans Day to one and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                           As for me, on this day in 1911--that is right, 11/11/11--my paternal grandparents were married.  If alive this would be their 112th wedding anniversary.  My grandmother, like her son, my father, made it to 102, so she almost made it.  I always think of them on this day.



                         So, a Happy Veterans Day to one and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                        As the song says in "RAGS," "Let's keep America!  Long live America!"



                       The Democratic America, darlings, not the Trumpian one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I remember you telling us about the All-Eleven anniversary!!!
So cool!!!!
I’m glad so many people seem proud of their veteran relatives.
AND the active-duty ones like my sons and nephews!!
I wore my Proud Marine Mom top all day!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
And you should wear that Proud Marine Mom top as often as you want.

I guess I have mentioned the anniversary, but it is just so special to remember.


I wonder if the cousins who don't talk to me remember.