Followers

Saturday, November 4, 2023

If You Have Arachnophobia, Darlings, I Would Avoid This One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              Was this even released in the theaters?  Judging by William Shatner being the only known member of the cast, I would have to say no.  If anyone can tell me otherwise, please do.



                                                This month, "Svengoolie" goes back to his single feature format, and half hour schtick.  I wish he would get rid of the latter; it just does not work.  He is best in small doses.



                                                 "Kingdom Of The Spiders," I have a feeling, will turn out to be a film where the poster is better than the actual product.  From the above, one would expect giant spiders, like in 1955's "Tarantula," or 1958's "Earth Vs. The Spider," which is actually better than the 1955 Universal classic.



                                                    The poster suggests a giant spider, which would be fun; even a whole group of such, like in 1954's "Them."  Unfortunately, I have seen the trailer, and these are individual real spiders, very tarantula-like.  Simply put, it is "The Birds," with spiders, minus any artistry.  Perhaps this will be another "Night Of The Lepus."  Only I don't think so, because giant rabbits were a novelty. Real spiders crawling all over the screen--and the unfortunate actors, as this was way before CGI--are genuinely off-putting, so I don't know how much I will be able to tolerate.  But, girls, I am telling you, one could not pay me enough to work with real spiders, even if CGI.



                                                     But it might be fun to see how Shatner and his group of Unknowns deal with these very real creatures.



                                                       Who will probably end up stealing the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                   

2 comments:

Victoria said...

but what did you think of The Ending?!!!
Was that final shot campy, or hauntingly terrifying?!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I think it was meant to be both.
Or the director or screenwriter could not find a way to end it.
I wanted to see the spiders killed.