Followers

Friday, November 18, 2011

Darlings, Today Is The Day When Someone And Something Very Special Comes Out Of The Closet!!!!!




You know it isn't me, girls. Honestly, when was I EVER in the closet?????

Nevertheless, for the past 12 years, since she was given to me as a birthday
gift in 1999, "Birthday Party Barbie" comes out of my closet on my natal day, and remains out for 30 days, until December 19!!!! You just have to LOVE that party dress, display case, and most of all those lips which--I am not kidding, darlings--can blow up birthday party balloons!!!! Just like so many of my girls out there can blow...well, you get the point!!!!!!

It feels funny, being 57, when your professional age is ALWAYS 24!!!!!!!!!!! But I am grateful to have made it to another year; one's birthday is the TRUE meaning of that phrase, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!!

And this morning, over coffee, my beloved Monsieur gave me the most beautiful gifts--a gift certificate to Three Lives Bookstore, which, you know, I will gobble up in a second!!!! A BEAUTIFUL orange cashmere sweater by Ralph Lauren, darlings (he must have created it especially for ME!!!!), which you can bet I will march into soda fountains with, and use to try and get discovered, like Lana Turner!!!!!! But the HIGHLIGHT--the absolute HIGHLIGHT-- of the presents was a pair of ankle socks, worn in the house like slippers, which are designed like Judy Garland's blue socks and Ruby Slippers from "The Wizard Of Oz!" Click my heels three times, girls!!!!! I WILL try and provide a picture, but I cannot promise!!!!!!

Too bad "Carnage" has not been released yet; believe me, that would be MY birthday movie!!!!! So, for me, it's tending to business (I have the day off!!!!) opening cards, a stop at Three Lives (where, maybe, the Enchanting Ryan can help carry my selections to the cash register!!!!) Bookstore, trying to finish "Moby-Dick" along the way, and then this evening, dinner with Monsieur at my favorite, One If By Land, Two If By Sea!!!!!!

The years go faster and faster as we age, darlings!!!!! So make those moments last, and make sure you are NEVER under dressed for any social occasion!!!!!!

Let Birthday Party Barbie be your guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: