Followers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Girls....Presenting The Return Of Markee Maypo!!!!!!!



Never in a million years, darlings, did I think I would EVER eat Maypo Oat Cereal for breakfast again. I thought it was off the market, and I had not had a bowlful in well over 50 years!!!!!!

But, lo and behold, about a week and a half ago, while grocery shopping in my neighborhood, Monsieur and I found a stray box. Who would have thought???? He was more curious than I, so we bought it.

Sweeties, it brought back such memories!!!! No wonder so many baby boomers did drugs!!!! There is enough sweetness in this cereal to have made us high long before any of us reached puberty!!!! And today??? My God, if you are a diabetic and eat this stuff, you will DIE!!!!!!!

But there is no denying that the flavor still holds up!!! With the nutty combination of oats and maple, it is about the same as Quaker's maple or brown sugar oats!!!! Except that there is the picture of Markee Maypo on the box, rather than that Quaker geezer!!!!!

Lambs, I am going to be a big hit in the nursing home!!!! I can't recall what I had for dinner two days ago, but I can still sing commercial jingles from my late 50's, early 60's childhood. And here is the Maypo Theme--

"I want my Maypo!
I want my Maypo!"
Maple flavored Maypo...oat cereal.
Tastes like maple sugar candy!
Please, Mom, always have it handy!
Ev'ry single morning,
I want my Maypo!"

You have to try it again, girls!!!! Make those childhood dreams come true!!!!! Be a spoiled brat!!!!!!!

Who says your past doesn't come back to bite you?????????

No comments: