Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some Lighter News For The Upcoming Holidays And Months!!!!!!!!!



Darlings, with Thanksgiving just a week from Thursday--nine days, for God's sake--can Christmas be that far behind????? You better believe not!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping that in mind, I want to let all my girls know that one of my faves, The Roches, are doing their annual "Holiday Twist" show on Saturday, December 3.

I have adored The Roches, ever since I was introduced to them, via Suzzy's apperance in the 1988 Amy Irving film, "Crossing Delancey. I was so impressed by Suzzy that my friend, Doug, introduced me to their music.

They are three sisters--Maggie, Terre and Suzzy--from Park Ridge, New Jersey, which only goes to show how underrated an artists development place this state is, what with The Roches, Meryl Streep, and yours truly hailing from there!!!!!!!!! And just for the record, darlings, I still have not given up on the idea of doing a Streisand set in the Village at either the Lion's Den or the Kettle of Fish!!!!!!!

The Roches Christmas album, which forms the basis for their "Holiday Twist" show, is one of the best Yuletide recordings out there. These girls are so brilliant they can sing a capella and sound like a full orchestra. Very few I know can do that! And their harmonies are gorgeous.

Last year they did the show in New York, and, honey, you could not get near the place. So this year, to give my girls an extra start, I can tell you that The Roches will be doing this annual classic on the evening of Saturday, December 3, at:
The New Hope Winery
6123 Lower York Road
(Rt. 202)
New Hope, PA 18938
(215) 794-2331

Now, as far as I know, it indicates only Maggie and Suzzy are performing.
But their sounds can ring out like a full numbered choir. However, I would not be surprised, unless they are otherwise engaged, if sister Terre or brother David drops by. I wish David would do some gigs here in New York; I would love to hear him. Bet he is as talented as his sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if this isn't enough already, in January Suzzy is publishing her first novel, entitled "Wayward Saints." I cannot wait, darlings!!!! It will surely liven up what is usually a depressing month, and what with promoting the book, maybe Suzzy will do some readings here in New York!!!! AND maybe some siblings will show up and sing!!!!!!!! So keep your eyes and ears peeled for Suzzy and the book!!!!!!! I cannot wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is something cheerful to look forward to, darlings, while ordering your garnets at Cartier's!!!!!!!!! Personally, I prefer Van Cleef And Arpels, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: