Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Darlings, This Is One Fun Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The Bitch Of The Week this week is fictitious, but with style to kill, so you just have to LOVE her. She was probably, since I discovered her at an early age, instrumental in tapping into my Inner Bitch!!!!!!!!!

The winner of this week's Raving Queen Bitch Of The Week Award is...Cruella De Vil!!!!!!!!

But let me make things clear. That is Cruella, as envisaged by Disney animators in the 1961 cartoon, "One Hundred And One Dalmatians." NOT Glenn Close in the cheezy live action remake, which true Disney aficionados would NEVER see!!!!!!!!!

Let me say further that I am a dog lover. At a theatrical screening of "The Wizard Of Oz," I am the first to "Boo!" when Margaret Hamilton first comes riding down the road as Miss Gulch!!! And when Clara Blandick, as Aunt Em, says to her, "For twenty three years, I have been dying to tell you what I thought of you. And now..being a Christian woman, I can't say it." When this moment appeared on screen when shown at my college (Seton Hall), there were plenty who yelled out, "Say it! Say it!" And of course, I always applaud when Toto leaps from Miss Gulch's basket and runs home, as well as doing the same from the drawbridge in the Witch's castle!!!!!

So, even though Cruella is a fashion icon bitch, predating even Anna Wintour, I cannot endorse her wanting to kill all these dalmatians, just for the sake of fur!!!! Especially ones with such names as Pongo and Perdita!!!!!! Anyone having a baby???? Now there are two original names!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I love about Cruella is her patented, fur coat, cigarette holder look, and sophisticated manner. The first time I heard Duke Ellington's song, "Satin Doll" ("Cigarette holder/She kisses/Over her shoulder") I thought instantly of Cruellla. And you had better believe I wanted, at the time to dress like that, and just stride into a fancy New York nightclub, darlings!!!!!!!!! I am proud to say I have hit some clubs in my time, but, thankfully, not dressed like that!!!!!!!!

So let's hear it for Cruella De Vil, our Bitch Of The Week. She is every Queen's delight, and can serve as a potential childhood role model!!!!!!!!

Make sure YOU dress your best, when going out, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: