Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Take It Home, BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Girls, I wish I could be with you this evening, so I am asking all out there to go in my place!!!! Tonight, Chelsea Classics and Hedda Lettuce is going to show Every Queen's Inspiration..."Funny Girl," with BARBRA!!!!!

Let me tell you, this will be a screening with the moist knowing audience. When Ann Francis' name appears on the opening credits, I know the crowd will go wild!!!!!

And "Funny Girl," of course, is every Gay man's fantasy. of coming out of nowhere and becoming a star....just like BARBRA!!!! You know I did, loves!!!!!!!

On screen, the bridal number will look sumptuous, the inappropriately psychedelic (with colored slides) will look even more inappropriate, and wait till you see Ann peeking out, almost naked, from the train window!!!!!!

Even if you don't want to see the whole thing, sneak in for the film's three iconic moments-- BARBRA doing "I'm The Greatest Star," not only a brilliant performance, the greatest display of show biz hubris ever captured on film, but the desires of all of us out there in the audience, who want same. Then there is the famous "Don't Rain On My Parade" tugboat sequence, which ends the first half!!!!! I would bet my rent that tonight, during this, when BARBRA pauses after "....her I AM!!!!" some queen out there is going to yell, "Take it home, Barbra!!!!" Like a Benediction, loves!!!!! How many of us have ridden the Staten Island ferry, wanting to do the same!!!!! You know I did!!!! Hell, I HAVE!!!!!

And if you DO stay, there is that gasp-for-breath close-up ending, with BARBRA doing "My Man," one of the greatest closing sequences in film. Fit for a Queen, darlings!!!!!!

How timely this screening is in the face of Broadway's recent "Funny Girl" debacle!!!! And, as you sit there tonight, watching BARBRA, think about how much more suited I am to the part, than that soon to be yesterday's news, Lauren Ambrose!!!!!!

Who is the pip with pazzaz, darlings?????? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: