Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Girls, Have We Come To The World Of "Fahrenheit 451"??????



I am ashamed to say, darlings, that I have not made it down to Occupy Wall Street, even though I am there in spirit, and I especially had wanted to get down for Joan Baez!!!!! But now, with protesters being chased out of Zucotti Park, staging a Day OF Disruption today (which had better not get in the way of Broadway ticketholders, darlings!), seeking another venue, the activists are restless.

I was appalled by what was done. I mean, what about civil liberties????

But something specific I heard on the radio horrified me.

While housed down there, the protesters had amassed, I understand, a most impressive library of books--fiction, non-fiction, history, cooking...everything.

What I understand is, when removing things from Zucotti Park, police just went in, tossed the books and threw them in the garbage!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me?????? Is the NYPD suddenly working for Amazon, Kindle or Nook????

The only nook these cops know is nookie which they get whenever they can, even if done so inappropriately. This book elimination is a short step from the burning thereof in "Fahrenheit 451," and, honey, if that happens, you better believe I will in there fighting for that!!!!!!!!!

I hope the protesters find another venue, and that maybe I can get down there to do some protest songs. You know I know plenty, loves!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you can believe, I have my eyes set on this one, girls. Not only are civil liberties at stake, but how about the right to literacy???????

Then how about we retreat to the nearest soda fountain, dressed as Lana Turner??????????????

No comments: