Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Darlings, We Are The Last Of The Belters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        Forget about BARBRA, girls; her day is gone!!!!!!!!!!!  In an era where music is becoming as pasteurized and processed as cheese spread--call it audio Cheez Whiz!!!!!!!!!--there are not too many of us belters left.

                         It's LIZA, Lady Gaga, and myself, hons!!!!!!!!!!!!  Even though I am still struggling with Maggie's Crescendo in "At The Ballet," when I hold that final "same" on "She Touched Me!" and "know" on "Now That I've Seen Her," from "Miss Saigon!" I know I still have it!  I know Helen Lawson would kick me out of h er show!!!!!!!!

                         Belting become has a lost art, darlings, but so many composers today do not know how to write for us!!!!!!!!  So, we keep falling back on their predecessors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           Hey, it's not like I haven't been called a dinosaur, before!  Believe me, when I tell you!  But I take a certain amount of pride in being the Last Of The Belters!!!!!!!!!!!"  Hey, LIZA, Gaga and I can sit around, have lunch, drink, and still do a chorus of "Nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!"

                            I wish I had  some YouTube offerings of my belting to display.  Not to fear, hons, that day is coming!  Like the Apocalypse!  Maybe the former will cause the latter!

                              BABS, you're history!  Now, get outta my way, 'cause I got a MAN waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: