Followers

Monday, May 4, 2015

It's A Miracle, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!! Our Lady Of 76th Street, In Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Has Returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Sometime ago, girls,--I believe it was last Fall, I wrote about the Virgin statue I refer to as Our Lady Of 76th Street, in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.   Since we first moved here, three years ago on the 23rd of this month, when leaving together for work, with my beloved, we would walk past this huge, gated gray house on 76th Street, with a gated front yard, a lovely floral garden, and a statue of Mary--yes THE Mary--on a pedestal.  The gates were always open, which meant. to me, Mary was all inclusive!  Like Sister Camille!  So, every day, I would stand by the gate, and chat up Mary, asking for help, getting through the day, whatever was on my mind.  It got to be a habit!!!!!!!!!!

                            Then, one morning, while we walked by, we discovered the gates were open, the pedestal in place--but Mary was gone!!!!!!!!!!!  I was devastated!  So were others; one morning as I was commiserating with my beloved, another couple walking by commented on the loss of this beautiful statue.  Several days later, a sign appeared, roped around the tree behind Mary, saying She was out for repair, and would be back!!!!!!!!!!!!  We yearned for that day, but it seemed like it would  never come.  While waiting, I prayed to the pedestal, because I knew Mary was there, in spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Well, miracle of miracles, dolls!!!!!!!!!!  Yesterday, having returned from Pennsylvania, we went out for some lunch, and lo and behold, when we came to the house, there was Mary!  Looking fabulous, darlings!  Like she had been to Elizabeth Arden, and then a hair appointment with Arriette at Bloomiongdale's, and had the most fabulous makeover!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She looked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              It was a true miracle!  But it also made sense.  When we left Bay Ridge for the weekend, on Friday May 1, Mary was not there.  She must have arrived sometime on Saturday, May 2, while we were having my father's party; so no wonder she could not be there!  I cannot tell you how comforting it was to see Mary there, and I want to express a personal thank you to the residents of that house, for bringing her back!

                                And May, of course, is the month of Mary!  With the 98th Anniversary of Fatima coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Which goes to prove, dolls, there is more to faith than just Jennifer Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: