Followers

Friday, May 22, 2015

Girls, We Have GOT to Talk About The Season Finale Of 'SVU'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         This scene was not featured in the final episode, broadcast the other night, but I have used it to illustrate that the finale of Season 16 gave some of us--especially I, dears--what we have wanted for along time.  Danny Pino, as Nick Amaro, is finally leaving the show.

                         He should have left it after the first season, because no one--absolutely no one--can replace Chris Meloni as Elliot Stabler--a fact this episode demonstrated as well--plus Pino's lack of acting chops made his portrayal of Nick Amaro  really not that  much different from his rendering of Scotty Valens on "Cold Case."  I have been screaming to the show, and its writers, to let him go, and they finally listened.  When he got shot, I thought he would be let go by death, but, mercifully, they spared him.  That may have been a mistake, not for Pino/Amaro, but for a scene with Olivia.

                          That was a monologue, delivered by Mariska Hargitay, as Olivia, near the end of the show.  While saying farewell to Amaro, she gives this big spiel about how he has helped her grow!!!!!!!!  Like, what???????   Then--and this has got a lot of folks on Dick Wolf's case, right now, and deservedly so! --she devotes at least half of the monologue to dissing Elliot!!!!!!!!!!!!   Mariska, you bitch!  How could you work alongside Chris for twelve years, and then consent to do this????????  I blame you as much as I do the writers and Dick Wolf!!!!!!!!!  If I were Chris Meloni, not only would I be royally pissed, but I would also go about seeking a lawyer, so I could sue!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           And this show has been renewed for a seventeenth season?????????  Why??????????  I mean, I love Kelli Giddish as Amanda Rollins, and Raul Esparza as ADA Rafael Barba, though he is no Stephanie March, and of course, Robert John Burke, as Lt. Ed Tucker from Internal Affairs, is the hottest thing going; even hotter than Peter Scanavino as Dominick "Sonny Carisi, Jr., who, from Day One, I knew would eventually replace Pino, and thank God he has!

                            But,after the disgrace perpetrated on Meloni/Elliot the other night, I think it is time to retire this dead horse.  And I am not the only one.  In the final scene, where they are all "acting" as a family--which is bullshit--the final shot is of the child actor playing Noah.  He looks around the room, with uncertainty, as if he is not sure the show will, or should , go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             This kid may only be a toddler, but, I am telling you, he is smart!!!!!!!!!!  He has a future in show business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Unlike Mr. Pino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: