Followers

Thursday, July 9, 2015

How Taste Has Declined, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Several months back, I did a post about "Highlights For Children," the magazine that, for so many of us, was our first, and very own.  I mentioned one of my favorite features as being "Goofus and Gallant," a morality cartoon contrasting wrong (Goofus) with right behavior (Gallant).  Even though my naughty streak wanted to laugh along with Goofus, I found some things he did so reprehensible--like kicking a dog!!!!!!!!--that I was instantly turned off, by him.  I said that if you carried their story into adulthood, Goofus would end us as some sort of serial killer!

                               Well, girls, I wasn't far off the mark!  Imagine my dismay yesterday, when I discovered someone--I don't know whom--has updated the duo to an adult level, and, oh my God,

                                 Goofus has become a vulgar pig--farting before people, with no excuse, and is practically a registered sex offender, flashing his member, saying "Step up to the mic, bitch!"

                                    Where has taste and decency gone in our society.  Goofus was bad enough as a prepubescent, but one can imagine what is going to happen, as the hormones kick in!  See for yourselves!  And who wants to see the pure Gallant sexualized????????  I mean, he is entitled, and I am sure he knows how to keep his hormones in check, but who wants to know about such things???????  I mean, Goofus and Gallant??????????????

                                      I wonder if they were raised Catholic?  Probably not, since I don't get the impression either would know who Jennifer Jones is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       What is the world coming to, darlings???????????????????????

No comments: