Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Why, In The World, Wasn't I Asked To THIS?????????????????


                                                "At The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,
                                                   My parents keep on telling me
                                                   Just being here is winning
                                                  Although, I know it isn't so"
                                            --"The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,"
                                                    Music and Lyrics by William Finn


                                         Celia, darling, why didn't you call me?  I did not find out about this, until the last minute, and while this is not one of my favorite musicals, to think it is already ten years old, and to see some of my musical theater favorites--who did this when they were fledglings--and maybe be in the same audience with those other wonderful Keenan-Bolgers--oh, my God, it could have been so exciting.  It sure would have beaten the hell out of the evening shift I was discriminated against into doing.

                                          Listen, I may be 60, but I can sing, and I can play young. So, the next time I see an audition notice for this show in my area, I think I will show up, just for the hell of it! And, should I be cast, then all to the good!  I am on my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           I recall seeing this late in the run.  I thought it was cute, but all the originals had gone.  And I tried like anything to get called on-- my Broadway debut!  But I could not even manage that!

                                            How I wish I had been at Town Hall for this momentous event!  Congratulations,, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Hey, for a real audition attention getter, how about "My Embarrassing Erection" from this show???????????????????????????

                                                 Maybe I should stick to "She Loves Me" instead. Or, at least, "Runaways," or "HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                                                                                                                                               

No comments: