Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Why In The World Did They Have To Kill Susie???????????????



                          As if there was not enough drama in the last two season of "Rizzoli And Isles."  The suicide of actor Lee Thompson Young, mid season of the fourth which meant writing around the absence of Barry Frost, and then having to explain it in the fifth, left both cast members and audience emotionally drained.

                          Three weeks ago, the Sixth Season of the series emerged, seemingly from nowhere, and with very little publicity.  I had been so unaware I missed the first episode. I did not know the new season had begun till after it was aired.  I could not watch the first episode, but I watched the second, leading into the third, and, girls, I am glad I did, or else I would have missed something very pivotal.

                            The writers, in the second episode, have killed off the character of Susie Chang, medical assistant to Dr. Maura Isles, played by Sasha Alexander with a slight hair change, suggesting she is trying to duplicate the Julie Christie look from "Doctor Zhivago."

                              Kill Susie?  Why?  After dispensing with Frost, and the men in both women's lives, not to mention Paddy Doyle and Maura's two moms, (Sharon Lawrence--real, Jacqueline Bisset--adoptive) I felt Susie was ready to step up to a more involved role in the series.  And Tina Huang was actress enough for the assignment.

                                I am so upset by Susie's death, I am tempted to make the writers collectively this week's Bitch Of The Week.  But maybe Tina wanted out, or to go on to something else.  Until that is established, I blame the writers for making a foolish decision.  Why not get rid of that moronic Jordan Bridges, who only use is his looks, which only qualify him for a quick fuck in the back of a gay bar?????? Frankie is so annoying! Even Tommy was more tolerable!
                                The writers better get their act together, if they want to make it to Season Seven!

                                 We loved Tina as Susie!  Whatever triumphs you go on to, you will always be remembered by some of us for this character!

                                    A fond, and sad, farewell, to Susie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...



YOU STILL DIDNT TELL US WHY SUSIE LEFT. ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT IS ASKED.

The Raving Queen said...


Listen, bitch, I wrote this right when
it happened. I wrote it because I felt
she was a loss to the show. Especially
in the face of the suicide of that
other actor on the show.

Well, I looked into it. She left
to pursue other film and TV projects,
but none had the fame or success as
Rizzoli And Isles. She appears occasionally
on "General Hospital," so maybe she is
doing better there!