Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2015

What Makes You Feel Most Patriotic??????????????


                          I heard someone on NPR, the other morning, ask this question.  I did some soul searching, and even for The Raving Queen, I came up with an unexpected answer!

                           The opening credits to the 1954, Judy Garland classic, "A Star Is Born!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                            I mean, oh my God, those opening shots of the hills of Hollywood, lights blinking, beckoning to all us American dreamers, as the fabulous Harold Arlen/Ira Gershwin overture (which I will try and find for you!!!!!!!!!!!) plays, while the titles run.  When it gets to the song, "A New World," which is the song Judy sings before James Mason...oops, I don't want to ruin it for some!  But when it get there, oh, my God, I just lose it, and sob!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the movie hasn't even started!

                             Maybe I should watch it  today!  Or you!  On any day, especially if you haven't seen it, it deserves to be watched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               But who would think this would have been my answer to the question?

                                Couldn't find the opening credits and music!  You'll just have to see it for yourselves, dolls!

                                I guess that is why I am The Raving Queen!  Have a nice day, kids!

No comments: