Followers

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Does This Show Promote Self-Esteem, Or Morbid Obesity?????????????????????


                         When I saw the trailer to this show, darlings, I had to wonder.  It just goes to show there are plenty of potential stage Tracy Turnblads out there.  It certainly made me feel better about my middle aged girth, as I am no way near these proportions.  And I have to say I admired the dance class sequence; they may not be able to do those "Chorus Line" kicks, but you cannot fault them for trying.

                            On the other hand, is this show saying being this size is OK?  What about health issues?  Sure, it's great to feel good about yourself, but sooner or later, things are going to catch up to these gals.  So is the star, and her cohorts, empowering women of this size, or exploiting them???????????

                               The line between the two is very thin.  On the one hand, we should all go, and have Burger Kings with Beyonce.  On the other hand, Beyonce better watch it, or she could end up on this show!  But, hey, fame is fame, darlings!

                                 Me, I still would rather look like Blythe Danner.  And no one wants to look wasted, like Joan Didion!!!!!!!!!!    But this show is literally saying have your cake and eat it, too, and I am not certain that is necessarily a good thing.


                                 Personally, I prefer Mr. Pinky's approach at Hefty Hideaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               

No comments: