Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I Need A Cocktail Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  Now, let me explain, girls!  I happen to be three quarters through my third reading of Leon Uris' "Exodus," his epic, 1958 novel about the formation of the then new state of Israel.  Of course, as I read it, I hear the immortal Ernest Gold movie theme coursing through my head.

                                    In the story, Kitty Fremont, a nurse, (played by a miscast Eva Marie Saint, in the movie!) wants to bring a young girl, Karen Clement (a pre-"Cabaret" Jill Haworth) home to America with her, so she can wear poodle skirts, go to proms, have boyfriends--remember, dolls, what time period this takes place in.

                                      Sooner or later, the talk gets around to cocktail dresses, which every girl should have for that phase of the party.  So I looked online, and I think this one is just perfect for me! I love the color and the cut.

                                        But I am a bit confused. At what point does one change into the evening gown?  Is there a specific time?  Or has it to do with what is served, and when?

                                          Inquiring minds want to know!  Meanwhile, I have a dress to shop for!!!!!!!!

                                            This is when I need ANNA on speed dial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: