Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

From About Ages Five To Ten, This Was My Childhood Mantra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            The record cover was the same, too. I wished I still had this; what a collector's item it would be today.

                              Long before we even imagined there would be such things as DVDs, this was as close as one could get to reliving "The Wizard Of Oz," in between those annual screenings.  I played this so much, from dawn to dusk, when I first got it, my parents were driven crazy. Between memorizing the dialogue on here, and filling in with the film, for years I was able to recite the entire film, start to finish. And I probably could, now!

                               I loved the colored lettering on the title, above.  Brilliant as the film was, at one time, I wish it had used this lettering and color scheme.

                                Of course, this is on CD, and is still available, though the disc, with  this cover, is but a memory.

                                It was truly one of the seminal records of my childhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                It made me what I am today!  Watch out, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: