Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Could Get Lost In These Arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            I am telling you, girls, when Donna McKechnie, in her recent show, told the story about how thrilling it was to dance with Fred Astaire, she was mirroring how I feel about her!  Only I would need months at the barre to do even a step with Donna!  Oh, my God!

                              All this is by way of letting my girls know that the indefatigable Donna McKechnie. She is going to be starring in what sounds like a dance-theater piece, called "In Your Arms," and, darlings, I cannot wait to see it.  If tickets were to go on sale now, I would be there.

                                Meanwhile, I have to decide what I am going to do about "Misery."  Though I confess, it would give me a great deal of pleasure to see someone beat the crap out of Bruce Willis!!!!!!!!!

                                But back to Donna.  The composers of "Ragtime" and Seussical" (Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens) are working on it, and it will feature "West Side Story" Oscar winner George Chakiris, who must be able to still kick up his heels, if he is gong to take to the stage, with Donna.  Equally impressive is the lineup of writers working on this--listen to this!!!!!!!!--Douglas Carter Beane, Nilo Cruz, Christopher Durang (yes!!!!!!!), Carrie Fisher, David Henry Hwang, Terrence McNally, Marsha Norman, and Alfred Uhry!!!!!!  Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 The show consists of ten dance oriented scenes, featuring Donna and others. I hope she is prominently featured in several.  Christoper Gattelli  will choreograph and direct. It sounds like an evening of magic!

                                     I almost wish I could in it, myself!  But I would have to start from step one!

                                      Needless to say, I will be there to cheer Donna on, when it, hopefully, comes to New York!  See you there, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: