Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2015

What Happened To Manhattan's Upper Crust, In The Nineties???????????????


                       How I long for the glorious days of the 1940s, when the upper crust of Manhattan was like what was portrayed in the film classic, "Laura."  No wonder I love that film so!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        All last week, we have been seeing, on ID, advertisements for "Tabloid," with Jerry Springer, which featured a guy phoning a woman, delivering what will surely be this Summer's most iconic line, next to Kendra Wilkinson's "The devil has eaten your soul!"

                            The line????????  "I want you to know I'm wearing a diaper!"

                             "We have GOT to see this," I said to beloved.

                             And so we did.

                             Oh, my God, what a hoot!   This was the tale of socialite wannabe Joy Silverman, and Sol Wachtler, a high ranking Republican judge and lawyer, back in New York of the Nineties.  He was also married.  So, he and Joy began a relationship that must have outdone Ed Koch and Bess Myerson!  After what you are about to read here, girls, I don't want to hear about Ed and Bess.  Besides, wasn't she just Ed's fag hag?????????

                              Anyway, the relationship follows the standard scenario--hot trysts, rising desire for stability on Joy's part, until she finally puts the squeeze on Sol, demanding marriage.  He, of course, wants things both ways--typical, so Joy goes her own way!  Good for you, Joy!!!!!!!!!  There are plenty of other wealthy men in town you can sleep to the top with!

                                But Sol won't have it.  He harasses Joy, culminating in the telephone call, with the famous line, which bears repeating, "I want you to know I'm wearing a diaper!"

                                Which makes me wonder about Joy and Sol's relationship.  What were they into?  Or he?  This gives me a pretty good idea, and believe me, dolls, for both our sakes, I do not want to go any further!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Meanwhile, Sol's dirty deeds in racketeering, extortion, and harassment of Joy catch up with him.  He even threatened to kidnap Joy's daughter!  He served time in prison, but was eventually released.

                                     Can you believe this?  Sol is now adjunct professor at Touro Law School, and chairs the Law And Psychiatry Institute of North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital!!!!!!!!!!! He was even reinstated to the bar on October 2, 2007!!!!!!!!!!!  He lives in Manhasset, New York!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Meanwhile, what of Joy?  She just moved on, the way good time girls do!!!!!!!!!!

                                        No more diapers for her, I bet!  But I wonder if Sol practices in his Depends???????????

                                         Would you really want legal assistance from a diapered attorney, darlings??????????????????

2 comments:

Little Baby Jade said...

just watched this! omg is that supposed to be sexy?!

The Raving Queen said...

Iknow; I could not believe it myself! Glad the segment did not go into more...detail!!!!!!!!