Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Today Is The 53rd Anniversary Of Marilyn Monroe's Death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            To think, at this time, back then, I did not even know who Marilyn Monroe was!  I know, girls, the thought is inconceivable!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             I was only seven years old, when she died, and I did not discover her for myself, until two years later, when I was nine.  On a Summer trip to California, with my parents and sister, we visited the Movieland Wax Museum, which fascinated me, and there was an effigy of Marilyn, in a silver sequined gown for a film I had not yet heard of, called "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes."

                            Now, I had not seen that film then. When I did, and saw Marilyn and Jane burst out of the red curtains, it was a life changing experience and, I realized, with her passing that another bit of glamour had been lost!

I mean, just take a look at this, girls!  Once I saw this opening, I knew my calling and my Queen gene began to be called forth.

And I sure paid attention when they said "Men grow cold, as girls grow old/And we all lose our charms, in the end!"  You better believe it!!!!!!!!!!

But how great Marilyn's charms were when she was here! And what a legacy she left behind!!!!!!!!

Like Miss Caswell, she was no fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: