Followers

Monday, August 24, 2015

This Year, The Annual Visit To The Spumoni Gardens Was An Explosive Experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     You live, and you learn, girls!

                                      No Summer of mine, in recent years, is complete, without a visit to the Spumoni Gardens, in Bensonhurst. This is where one can feel good about oneself, because not only can you nosh on some of the delicious Italian food this side of Brooklyn, but you will see others larger than yourselves chowing down, without guilt!  While I was there, though I had a full meal, I felt like Blythe Danner, compared to what was around me.

                                       But something went awry.  I had my usual--the salad, with that exotic dressing our group likes, some fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, drizzled in balsamic vinegar, my usual pasta (rigatoni) bolognese, in a delicious cream sauce, and coffee.

                                        Where I think I pushed it too far was the ice cream.  Instead of being brought the hard kind that I like, (I like my ice cream as I do my men--hard, darlings!) I was brought this gelato like soft stuff that was so creamy I ate barely half of what I had.

                                           Thank God we made it home in time.  With all the liquid, I really had to pee, but, as soon as that began, I knew something was soon to erupt, and, girls, it did!  I was in the bathroom for twenty minutes!  By the time I was done, I could have had a colonoscopy!!!!!!!!!!   If only I had thought that far ahead!

                                              I was so weakened, I literally crawled from the bathroom to the bed, and got in!  Thank God for my beloved and Baby Gojira to keep watch over me!  Especially as we had a big day the next day.  How was I going to survive?

                                                Oh, I did, girls, but I learned my lesson.

                                                 The next trip to the Spumoni Gardens--no desert!  Just coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: