Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Congratulations, Celia, On Your TONY Nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 I confess, I arose at 8AM, looking like the Wrath Of God, but sipping my coffee, as I waited, panting, for the TONY Nominations.  Of course, I was thrilled for everyone, shocked at some others, but the most important thing this morning was the nomination of Celia Keenan- Bolger, for her heartrending performance in "To Kill A Mockingbird."

                                I promise to write specifically about the show tomorrow, but I am just thrilled for Celia, Gideon Glick and Jeff Daniels, who give three of the show's best performances.  The other is La Tanya Richardson Jackson, who plays Calpurnia.

                                 Celia, literally, carries the show.  It opens and closes with her, and she is scarcely off the stage.

                                  I cannot think of one more deserving of the nomination, and the award itself.

                                  Congratulations, Celia!  May this be YOUR year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   It is about time!

No comments: