Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2019

I Had The Craziest Dream Last Night, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               See the book pictured up front?  "The Little Red Caboose?"  I owned that book, when I was a child.

                                 I owned a lot of books--some were of the Wonder Books brand, some were enlarged picturizations of Disney films, but my favorite ones of all were the Little Golden Books.

                                  Early in life, unbeknownst to me at the time, my path was mapped out.  I would either be a performer, or a library worker.  What I did not know was that I would go on to try and combine both.

                                  One of my earliest memories is periodically shelving my two tiered book shelf==small enough for me to reach, and even more when I sat down--with my huge collection of Little Golden Books.   This was before I knew the Dewey Decimal system existed.  And, now, sadly, it is becoming quickly outdated.

                                   Within the dream, I was back in my childhood home, in the room where the bookshelf was, and arranging my Little Golden Books.  I used to do them in order of which were my favorites, or sometimes, I would do so according to the artistry of the illustrations.  Yes, darlings, I was that critically astute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      However, in the dream, I was not my childhood self, but in the present day??????????

                                       What could this mean?  A predictor of Alzheimer's?  A wish to return to childhood?  But, then there would not be my beloved David, as he had not appeared yet.

                                          The answer is complicated.  It has to do with April being a tragic month for me, and that haunting Sondheim lyric from "Sweeney Todd," "If only angels could prevail, we'd be the way we were."

                                           Only I don't want just things as they were, because I am so happy in the present.

                                            I want things both ways is what the dream means.

                                            And that is a conundrum.

                                           But it was fun, even in my dreams, spending time with those books again!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: