Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Girls, Did You See Amy Sedaris' "Hospital-Tality" Show, Last Night??????????????????????????????


                                      I just don't know what to expect from Amy, which is one reason why I love her.  Last night, she virtually pulled out all the stops, spoofing "The Miracle Worker," "The Man Who Came To Dinner," and "Wait Until Dark."  Accompanied by a bevy of guest stars, including Chassie Tucker (LOVE Chassie!!!!!!!!!), Fred Armisen, as Chassie's drug dealing landlord, and Chassie's family, with mother played by Ann Dowd, one sister by Juliette Lewis, and the younger sister by Taryn Manning.  Oh, and Grandma Tucker--a new character, played by Amy herself!  I LOVED her!

                                      Amy's plan was to compassionately show how to care for the sick.  Chassie arrived, and claimed to be sick, but was really on the lam from her drug dealing landlord.  Who turns out to be Fred Armisen, and tries to murder them both, in a scene parody of "Wait Until Dark."  Meanwhile Chassie's family is on hand, and they are hilarious!  Grandma stole the show!  There was even a visit from wine merchant Ronnie Vino.

                                         Amy's shows this season just keep getting better and better.  There is no telling what she will do next!

                                         And that hair!  Amy, where can I go to get my hair done, like yours???????????

                                         I cannot wait for next Tuesday, darlings!  Let's all see what Amy does next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Fred Armisen is pretty funny; I haven’t seen his “Gay couple from New Jersey”, I stopped watching snl!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
We only watch the opening of SNL, so I
have never seen that sketch. Sounds
interesting!

Videolaman said...

I really had to think a minute who the second Chassie sister was. Right before watching Amy, I viewed the season finale of Schitt's Creek (which you MUST see, RQ, for its Goat Alley Players production of 'Cabaret' if nothing else). Emily Hampshire, the fantastic actress who doubled as Sally Bowles, looks remarkably like Taryn Manning from some angles: it wasn't until she opened her mouth that I recognized Taryn's Okie drawl from her career-making turn on "Orange Is The Nee Black"(those Orange girls get around: one is playing Karen Walkers random new lover on Will & Grace).

I didn't think anything could top Jessica Walter as Amy's old high school nurse, but then Ann Dowd dropped in as White Trash Mama, overpowering Fred Armisen's dead-on impersonation of Alan Arkin's Wait Until Dark psychopath! Joy overload...

The Raving Queen said...



Darling,

OMG, I forgot to mention Jessica Walter!
It wasn't till researching the post I realized
Chassie's mom was Ann Dowd. David and I both
thought it was Margo Martindale. Especially
as she and Juliet Lewis are connected by their
having been in the film of "August: Osage County."