Followers

Friday, April 19, 2019

It's Good Friday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Not only that, but the first night of Passover.  I have to dash into a church, and then attend a Seder this evening.  I must be doubly blest, or torn at both ends!

                                      Staying with Good Friday, which I was raised on, let me again say--John Wayne was NEVER beneath the cross of Christ.  Yes, he said "Clearly, this man was the son of God," but, again, THAT was in George Stevens' 1965 all-star Biblical epic, "The Greatest Story Ever Told."  That film played fast with history.  But, then all Biblicals do.  For the one with the most reverential tone, stick to 1959's "Ben-Hur."  The crucifixion, and the miraculous cure of leprosy--oh, my God, darlings, you will cry real tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       Here is that evocative moment from "Ben-Hur!"  Oh, my God, Martha Scott and Cathy O'Donnell, as Miriam and Tirzah!  I am getting tears just writing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        And what better song for this day than Yvonne Elliman's "I Don't Know How To Love Him!"

                                         Whether you fast or feast on this day, joyous wishes to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: