Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Laudy, Laudy! It's Maundy Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                              "Look at all my trials and tribulations.
                                                Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
                                                Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers.
                                                Till this evening is this morning, life is fine."
                                                --The Apostles, in "Jesus Christ, Superstar," by
                                                 Andrew Lloyd Webber

                                       Yes, darlings, it is Maundy Thursday, with the foot washing, the Last Supper, Judas, and all that.

                                        Let's get a few things straight.  While the joke still exists that Jesus said, at the Last Supper, "Everyone get behind the table, for the picture," there is no truth to the rumor that David McCallum is Judas Iscariot.  He only played the part in the 1965 George Stevens film, "The Greatest Story Ever Told."  And that film was more about story telling, not truth telling.

                                          The truth is we are headed into the Easter period with great uncertainty, and I want to tell my readers I feel it all with you.  So with those feelings go my best wishes for a joyous Easter or Passover season.  Don't let the maniacal behavior of others stop our spiritual enjoyment and growth.  I bet Sister Camille would agree with that.  I know she would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             So, all the best to you, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              And don't forget your Easter bonnets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             "Always hoped that I'd be an apostle.
                                               Knew that I could make it, if I tried.
                                               Then when we retire, we can write the Gospels,
                                                So they'll still talk about us....when we've died!"
                                                 --The Apostles, in "Jesus Christ Superstar," by
                                                    Andrew Lloyd Webber

2 comments:

Victoria said...

“Do not let the behavior of others stop our spiritual growth”
Amen. I’m trying, believe me I am trying.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I too am trying. A joyous
holiday season to you!