Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

A Cheerful, Victorian April Opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Well, girls, I am back, and ready with another month.  I have begun to develop a fondness for opening the months on a Victorian note; the artistry is doe detailed and cheerful.

                                         Which is funny, because April is a pretty difficult month--at least in my family.  There are anniversaries aplenty, and some not at all happy.  For example, tomorrow, April 2, marks the 40th Anniversary of my mother's passing, which makes my life having come full circle.  April 22 is the 41st Anniversary of my maternal grandmother's death, and April 30, my father, who passed in 2018, would, were he here, have celebrated his 104th birthday.

                                          All these will be rendered in individual posts!  But, come April 7, there will be much rejoicing on here!  That will mark the 12th--can you believe it, darlings???????--Anniversary since I began this blog!  I am amazed myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            The highlight of the month is the much anticipated attendance of "To Kill A Mockingbird" on Broadway.  This takes place April 27, and Celia had better be there!  I will tell you all about it.

                                             Oh, and the ending of Lent--Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter!  And, of course, on the last, there is the annual screening of "The Song Of Bernadette," with Jennifer Jones, in her stunning Academy Award winning performance!

                                              So, April has its ups and downs.  But, here we all are, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               May the Easter bunny be good to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: