Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Darlings, Can You Believe We Are Almost Halfway Through!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Saturday, girls, is the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island, and a milestone one it will be for me--the 20th consecutive year I have trooped out to CI on the third Saturday in June to witness this stunning event. And still I do not look a day over 24!!!! How do I do it, girls? Well, clean living, and a good astringent for one, not to mention, moisturize, deodorize and accessorize.

Last night I watched the John Waters classic "Hairspray" in the company of a deliciously tasty accessory. Mmmmmmmmm........ And the films holds up beautifully, so much so that I wonder why they even did the Broadway musiczal in the first place, because this movie has the look and feel of one, which is why I like it so much. Not to mention the choreography uses actual period dances, whereas on Broadway they resorted to the same stand ersatz Broadway arm tossing, leg kicking and hip thrusting. I mean, darlings, where is inventiveness when you need it? But I guess we lost that in 1987 when Michael Bennett died. Too bad Baayork or Donna did not get their hands ont his show; they would have made something of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

And speaking of shows, what are all my girls doing for this year's Tony awards/???? Well, I am watching in creature comfort at a Tony Awards party for two, and no, you bitches, I do NOT mean me and my right hand!!!!!!!! There may just be hands all over me, in fact! But we are rooting for "Memphis" to win Best Musical, but if it does not, let SOMETHING, please God, beat out "American Idiot," which is abysmal beyond belief. I mean, darlings, if THIS is the futre of musical theqter, shoot me now!!!!!!!!!!

But let's see how the shows do on Sunday night. Meanwhile I have to get busy here, a cosy evening after work, after a venturesome trip out to Queens, and then who knows??? So have a fabulous weekend, girls, and get those frocks ready for next week and the Mermaid Parade. It is already 51 weeks since the LAST one, and they seem to come around quicker and quicker.

Time stands still for no one, girls! Not even Joan Rivers, though Lord knows she tries. Don't you be scapel happy like Joan, sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: