Followers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Girls, Who Thought 'Bees' Could Be So Interesting!!!!!!!

Darlings, last night I watched "The Secret Lives of Bees," based on Sue Monk Kidd's lovely novel, and all I can say, girls, is, thank GOD I had a big, strong shoulder to cry on and dry my tears. Not just a big shoulder, but the biggest, strongest and handsomest. Damn right. But what a cast--Dakota Fanning, on the verge of young womanhood, just like ME, darlings, Queen Latifah, Alicia Keyes, and I cannot even spell the name of the actress who plays May, the tragic sister, but what a performance in a most difficult role. I have to say May comes off better in the movie than the book, because though Kidd's prose is fluid, she just doesn't quite capture May as well as her screen portrayer. And that pink house girls, I have GOT to have it. A porch swing, lemonade in the shade, those big, strong shoudlers...UHmmmm....you can bet more than bees will be buzzing then. But, darlings, it was a fanstastic evening and a memorable viewing expereince.

I just hope all my girls out there have equally memorable viewing experiences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss kiss, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: