Followers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Darlings, This At Last Could Be My Chance To Be BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, I am telling you, from 1964, when she first set onstage at the Winter Garden in "Funny Girl," every burgeoning gay man has wanted to be BARBRA!!!! By the time I got the cast album, honey, I am telling you my "Coronet Man" was one for the ages!!!! Now, after hearing that "Annie" is to be revived on Broadway in 2012, comes the news, that "Funny Girl" is to be the same, directed by Bartlett Sher, who did such a great job with the Lincoln Center South Pacific. Darlings, I am telling you here and now--I AM GOING AFTER THAT ROLE!!!! I would much rather play Fanny Brice than Annie. Once Sher hears me do "I'm The Greatest Star," he will sign me, I am certain. And with that iconic finish to "Don't Rain On My Parade" via the Staten Island ferry in the movie, you know the new staging will somehow incorporate that. Just think--me at the helm, going "Hey, Mr. Arnnnnnnnnnnnstein!!!!!!!!!! Here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Honey, it is enough to make BARBRA herself tremble. Now, granted, Patti Lupone in her recent Newark concert did a rendition of 'Don't Rain' that would make BARBRA proud. She would not be bad, except Patti does have some years on me. Not just age, but in the business, and I know they want a fresh, nautral performer who can play an ingenue, and since my PROFESSIONAL age, darlings, is only 24, that means ME!!!!!!! I am ready to hit the stage--on roller skates or not! I don't want to be offered Eddie or Mrs. Brice--though I COULD play them--I want to play Fanny. I have waited for this break all my life!!!! This is MY Tony Award!!!!! Why don't we start a Facebook campaign for me to play the role, just like Betty White with SNL.

Unless Betty White wants to play Fanny. Now THAT I would like to see!!!!!!

See you all at the cssting call, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: