Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Darlings, The Stage Keeps Beckoning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, I am telling you, my Imaginary Theatrical Career gets more and more exciting each day. Now if only there were some REALITY to it!!!!!!!!!!! All my girls know how much in 2012 I want to star in the revival of "Annie" and/or "Funny Girl" but just recently, from the feebled memory of my childhood, out popped a property that would be PERFECT for me, cash in on the "Annie" thing, and, most of all, honeys, it would be MINE!!!!!!!!!

Darlings, I want to star in a stage version of the 1938 Shirley Temple movie "Little Miss Broadway!!!!!!"

This is the movie where Shirley is an orphan (the standard Temple formula) who goes to live with her uncle in his Broadway boarding house in Manhattan. It opens with Shirely and the Girls singing "Be Optimistic," and lambs, can't you just see me and MY girls (some of whom might probably be guys) doing the same thing????
It also has Shirely, with those curls, which I would wear, and those short dresses and Mary Janes, showing off my panties, which should please at least ONE of my fan base, dancing on the table top with George Murphy to "We Should Be Together." Stop and go, honey!!!!!! I cannot wait to do this showstopper on a gigantic table; I wonder who I will be dancing with? Sweeties, the gorgegous lighting and costumes, and the choreography, whioh will be be Donna McKechnie, darlings, because I will have NO OTHER stage MY dances, dolls, will just be so overwhelming as I twirl and spin up and down that table with my partner, till I win a TONY award!!!!! Yes, girls, I want a TONY, and it is goddamn time I won one!!!! And THIS, which is an original property for ME, because who else but I could imagine it, is MY ticket to a TONY award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, but wait, there is more. The title song, which has me in a cream dress, dancing in darkness except for stars in a dreamlike atmosphere, which looks like I am dancing on air, but am probably on another table or rising platform. Darlings, it did lots for Shirley; see how this has remained in my memory? And now it can do something for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To hell with Eve Harrington, this is MY part, darlings, and just wait till you see me onstage at the Winter Garden (I will play nowhere else, so throw that "Mama Mia" outta there; Meryl has crystalized it, so who cares about it onstage now?) in "Little Miss Broadway!" I will be the talk of the Season, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!

The THEATRICAL season, kids!!!! You know already I am the talk of all others!!!!!!!!!

Keep those lips moving, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: