Followers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Girls, We Just LOVE "The Little Foxes!!!!!!!!!!"

Or even "The Little Foxies," as it was done on Carol Burnett! Darlings, right now Theatre at St. Clement's has mounted a supreb production of Lillian Hellman's "Another Part Of The Forest." That is a dramatic play, loves, NOT a song from Sondheim's "Comapny." You are confusing it with "Another Hundred People." This is the play that shows how the Hubbard family got to where they are at the point where 'Foxes' starts. It is rarely revived, and sweeties, I cannot believe, with so many bitch characters, I was NOT cast. Where the hell is my goddamn agent? I am going to have to think about firing him!!!!!!!! But, girls, I have GOT to see this, and I sure as hell hope the TKTS booth can pave my way, or else who knows. I mean, the movie with Ann Blyth (perfect as the young bitch Regina, as she played one of the most iconic bitches in film--Veda Pierce!!!!!!!!!)is unavailable on DVD. This is the play that marked Patricia Neal's Broadway debut, and won her a TONY award!! Think what it would have done for MY career, darlings; I am always ready to play a bitch!!!!!!!!!

But I also want to wish all my girls a Happy Pride! And for once it IS Haopy! Last night I went to the most fabulous synagogue service, where they not only invocated Judy Garland, they sang "Over The Rainbow?" I mean, how Gay Pride is that?
Do you think the Catholics would do it? Are you kidding? Enacting a scene from "The Song of Bernadette" would be radical for them. And tongiht I am expected to sing my guts out at a Catholic service, then attend a birthday brunch tomorrow afternoon. No wonder I am ready to crash! No wonder I started out the day with a funcitonal migraine!!!!!!! Migraine THIS, you bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, darlings, do whatever your Gay Pride tells you to do this weekend. Babes in the blinkin' sun sang We Shall Overcome! Worship at the Temple of Rollereena, lambs!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, I am going to do some temple worshipping myself, girls!!!!!!!! Toodles, kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: