Followers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Real "Out There" Christmas Record, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            "I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas.
                                             Mommy and Daddy are mad.
                                             I'm gettin' nutttin' for Christmas.
                                             'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but BAD!"
                                               --"Nuttin' For Christmas


                                 It wasn't just the traditional carols and such I like, girls, there was also a lot of silly stuff recorded for the holidays, and one of my earliest treasures, was this recording of "Nuttin' For Christmas," a kind of anti-Christmas song, about a little boy who almost revels in the fact that he is so bad Santa will not be bringing him any presents this year!

                                  Now, I know this is certainly not true of all my girls, but, you have to admit, the song is fun to listen to!  The tune is catchy, and, when you feel a bit cloyed out from all the tradition, this is the place to go!

                                   Would that I could say I still own this very recording.  Alas, I do not, but I remember it well,   It was written in 1955, and recorded, I believe, by its author, Stan Freberg!  Enjoy, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: