Followers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Silly Christmas Favorite, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             This was also a childhood Christmas favorite of mine.  It was written by John Rox, and recorded by Gayla Peevey, who was only ten-years-old at the time, back in 1953.  At the time, I never really believed the girl singing the song was an actual child, but an adult, singing in the voice of a child.   It turned out I was wrong.

                          There was a time, when small, when I would sing this all the time, because I knew all the lyrics.  Alas, now I don 't.  But I also recall the song on the B side, which I also liked, called "Are My Ears On Straight," which was sung by Peevey, from the viewpoint of a toy doll!  Ah, the simple pleasures of a Baby Boomer childhood.

                           I am sure you are anxious to hear it, as I would not expect many of you, even those close to my age, to remember it.  I don't recall how it wound up in my house.  I must have heard it on the radio, liked it, and my parents bought it for me.  It was a part of my forty five RPM collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            So, here is not only 'Hippopatumus, but "Are My Ears On Straight!"

                            Enjoy some more mirthful, Holiday fun, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: