Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

"San Francisco! Open Your Golden Gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                Tony Bennett sang that it was the "city be the bay."  Scott Mackenzie said "Summertime will be a love-in there."

                                  But who knew San Francisco was such a Hitchcockian city?

                                  I mean, I believe they actually have a "Vertigo" tour, which you can take, and see all the locales displayed in that film.  But I want to go outside the city, to that bell tower, where Kim Novak is killed, and the nun rings the bell!  The best nun related killing since "Black Narcissus!"

                                  However, what I want to do most in San Francisco is cross Grant Street, just like Tippi Hedren, as Melanie Daniels, in the opening shot of "The Birds."  I will even wear that black outfit, even though black is not my color!!!!!!!  Maybe I will wear a blonde wig, styled like Tippi's!  That should do it!!!!!

                                    I wonder if Grant Street still looks anything like it does, in this shot?????????  I am telling you, if I find it, I am going to cross that street, just like Tippi!

                                     There may be no bird shop, Ruth McDevitt, or Rod Taylor, as Mitch Brenner, but, hopefully I will get whistled at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        See what glamour can do for one, girls??????????????

No comments: