Followers

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Traditions Maintained, And Broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Yesterday, girls, we finally made it up to the Metropolitan Museum Of Art, to see their famous Christmas Tree, which I think I have been standing under for 29 years!  Next year would make 30, so that would call for a celebration.  The last several years have been with my beloved Monsieur, which makes it even a more special, and spiritual moment.  More than anything, this signals for me the passage of Time, and I am pleased to say I was here to maintain this tradition once again.  The stately beauty of this moment never fails to move me.  As I have said, I feel what, I think, Bernadette must have felt, when she first saw the Vision!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Now, another tradition we attempted to maintain, but failed to, was the Christmas fight at Demarchelier!!!!!  Monsieur even looked in the window, but no sign of Nasty Hostess or that older guy from last year, who threw us out!  I have to confess, after the fight I had at work this week, where I invoked the famous line that closes Act Two of "August: Osage County," I was ripe for a battle at this East Side bistro!  But it was not to be, because, even though it was close to noon, they were not open yet!  Maybe they knew we were coming!

                                  From there we made it over to the Marquis Hotel, where we met Monsieur's Florida cousins, Eddy and Mary, who were charming.  We were also joined by wild and crazy Uncle Ernest, who was decidedly not charming, being more charmed by Eddy's sucking up to him for money, while ignoring Monsieur and I.  Like we give a shit, but come on!!!!!!!!!!  

                                  We made it to the Edison Hotel Coffee shop, and had a Holiday repast, then made our way home to Bay Ridge, which I was thankful to get back to!  Merry Christmas, Cujo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    But this is one tradition not to be maintained!

                                    Besides, the spirituality of the Tree shall remain with me, always!

                                     Bet Sister Camille has been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: