Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Is Ellen Burstyn Out Of Her Mind??????????????????



                                  I read the original V.C. Andrews trilogy--"Flowers In The Attic," Petals On The Wind," "If There Be Thorns,"-- but I confess I did not retain much of them, which is unusual for me.  Maybe because the subject was so distasteful, I felt I had to block it out.  I can still recall--and feel this way, too--the feeling that, for all that the grandmother, Olivia, was despicable, Corrine, her daughter, was the worse of the two.

                                  You see, Corrine defied her wealthy parents by marrying for love.  I question that notion, because, when her husband died suddenly, what does she do but crawl back to Mommy and Daddy!!   Granny is some psychological vampire at the root of all the evil, but, the thing about her, at least, up front, you know what you are doing with. Corrine is a nasty piece of work.  We all  know what she loves!!!!!!

                                     She feigns care and concern for her children--at first. But when Mommy and Daddy whip her into submissive shape, and then she gets involved with someone they consider better suited for her, she goes along with the program, betraying her children, leaving them to rot, like the title of the book.

                                        Now, this was first done as a movie 27 years ago, back in 1987, with my favorite screen bitch, Louise Fletcher, playing Olivia.   It was almost worth it to see her; I have seen some clips, but I can not bring myself to see the whole thing.  I want Corrine to get hers; someone should belt her in the kisser, but I don't think that happens. Anyone out there know--does Corrine eventually get her comeuppance???????

                                           Ellen Burstyn is one of our best American actresses, and watching her work is a lesson in acting, itself.  How about that sea on the beach, with Chris Meloni, in that 'SVU' episode? Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

                                              Now, a girl does have to work, but really, Ellen, what are you doing playing Olivia???????   It is a role that has been defined by Louise, so what is the point??????  Even I, who love playing bitches, would stay away from this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

                                                   I am going to  have to refrain from this one, darlings!!!!!!!!!  I would much rather see an "Exorcist" 40 year update, with Ellen and Linda Blair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    And what ever happened to Kitty Winn?????????????????????

No comments: