Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Something I Just Have To Mention, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Those of you who know theater, and/or this blog, have seen this poster on here before. I am reminded of it, not only because of Ann Morrison's show last night, but, remember, my post, awhile back, about wanting to walk across Grant Street in San Francisco, like Tippi Hedren, in the opening shot of "The Birds??????????"

                                   Well, last night, I was reminded of other things I would like to be able to do.  Like the correct (assuming I could train still for years)  Donna McKechnie stance that ends "The Music And The Mirror," in "A Chorus Line."  Or crossing Abbey Road, in my bare feet, like on the album cover.  Or twirling on the exact mountaintop Julie did, in "The Sound Of Music."

                                      Now, add to those, "Merrily We Roll Along."  I have always wanted to go to the exact rooftop, at twilight, and do one of the 'Merrily' stances.  Which one does not matter, but the location does.  My guess was this was shot somewhere downtown on a building somewhere in the West Village.  But, it was shot thirty plus years ago, so said building may not still be standing, which is a shame.  The minute the moment was shot, that structure should have been declared a theatrical landmark!  Wonder if it is still there????????????

                                       I can't be sure, lambs!!!!!!!!  But, rest assured, if it is, and I do find it, you will someday see a photo of yours truly in a 'Merrily' stance!  How exciting that would be!

                                        Rolling along, darlings!!!!!!!!!  Rolling along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Dear I am looking for the building we took that Merrily poster shot! I think Lonny Price might remember. I am looking into it for you!

The Raving Queen said...


Ann,
I would be so grateful, if you could find out. Even if it no longer exists, an answer is better than not. On the other hand, if it does--WOW!